Today we officially launched our new graphic design outsourcing platform to help design related businesses outsource their client design projects! The platform allows you to discretely outsource a client design project (such as logo design) and then re-brand the DesignCrowd response as your own.
This platform is setup specifically to help design studios, ad agencies, web designers/developers and printing companies outsource design projects through DesignCrowd. Essentially, this is a new spin on the crowdsourcing model that allows a client facing, design-related business (possibly operating in the offline world) to deal with the client while using crowdsourcing as its engine / virtual team.
This is a powerful addition to the crowdsourcing model that is positive for on-sellers; the designers on DesignCrowd; and the end customer.
For designers within our community:
Designers on DesignCrowd will:
- Get more opportunity as this will drive significantly more projects through our site;
- Get access to higher profile clients and big brands that agencies will have as clients;
- Receive more sophisticated briefs, design direction and better feedback;
- Attract higher value projects to DesignCrowd.
Agencies, printers and other on-sellers can use this service to:
- Impress their clients with multiple concepts, diverse and constantly fresh creative;
- Turn designs around fast with first designs coming in within 8 to 12 hours;
- Control costs by running fixed price design projects and not having to hire a full-time resource;
- Maintain client relationships by white labelling our service (i.e. branding it as their own).
Essentially, our outsourcing service let's design related businesses use our 13,000 graphic designers as their own.
For the end users / clients
The end businesses will receive:
- The benefits of crowdsourcing (diverse creativity and choice); PLUS
- The benefits of dealing with someone who can provide other services (such as strategy, printing or web development);
- Guidance from someone familiar with using DesignCrowd and running design projects.
Around 30 on-sellers have been using DesignCrowd in the last 6 months but we expect this to grow like the Jolie-Pitt family to over 1,000 by the end of the year!
Written by DesignCrowd on Tuesday, February 16, 2010
DesignCrowd is an online marketplace providing logo, website, print and graphic design services by providing access to freelance graphic designers and design studios around the world.